Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So Far So Good

This not counting points thing is great so far. I know there will be times in my life when I will go back to counting. There will be days or weeks when I know I can not trust my instincts to eat. I am very thankful to have had the guideline that Weight Watchers provides to count my calories and eat responsibly. Right now I am in a healthy groove, where I know that after a workout I need a piece of fruit and some protein. I know that is what keeps my body happy and healthy. I am not obsessing about how I should use those precious last two points in my day. If I am hungry I eat.

Now, let's not be crazy here. I do not keep crappy foods in my house. My instincts would be craving Doritos and chocolate covered raisins if they were in my cupboard. I am however eating raw almonds. I always thought twice before eating them because they are high in points. I know they are so good for you, so I have been snacking on them. The scale has not changed much, but I have lost quite a bit of my muffin top. Not sure how that happened, but I will take it!

I love learning about what works for me. What foods fuel me, what foods make me feel like crap. I know that sugar turns me into a crazy woman who has no self control when it comes to food choices. Does that mean I will never have sugar again? Heck no. I just know that when I over do it, that I will be aware of my crazy mood swings later in the day.

The sun in shining, the birds are chirping outside this morning, it is a beautiful spring day. I think I will go break out the flip flops. Have a great weekend.

No comments: