Monday, April 7, 2008

Baby Steps

I am sorry for not posting every day. I honestly think of it, but I feel like have had nothing interesting to share. I could tell you what I ate today, but that is very boring. I could tell you how far I ran. Not very interesting. I could tell you that it SNOWED again, but then I would sound like a whiner. So I will not tell you that it is April here, and SNOWING.

I have been trying something new. For the past almost three years I have been counting points. If I did not count points, I gained weight. My brain is now pretty wired to the fact that for me weight loss equals counting points. I am very sick of counting points. So I decided to be brave, step out on my own, and try to not count points. To just eat healthy, make wise choices, and see what happens. So far, so good. It has been baby steps for me, I have to stop myself from counting points in my head. If this does not work, I will go back to counting again. I would rather write down everything I eat for the rest of my life than gain back all the weight. I hope that I have come far enough on this journey to do this on my own. We shall see.

5 comments:

Katy said...

I hope that you will be successful in not counting!

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the no counting thing! You are an inspiration to many!! :)

Miss July...not...yet said...

I just assume I will have to count my points for the rest of my life, once I get to goal (again). I think it is great if you can do it, but either way you rock!

Unknown said...

I will be cheering you on, even if you do think you sound boring.

LessLisa said...

I have done the exact same thing for the past 4 days now. Stopped counting. I have been focusing on fruits, veggies, healthy proteins, and so far it's making a tremendous difference. I can tell that I'm going to have to start learning some new recipes and planning ahead a little more, but I think once I do that, I can stick to this way of eating easily :) Good luck!