Monday, March 31, 2008

Oops.

Do you ever have one of those days? Friday was a day where everything was off. All day I seemed to be running from behind, and not catching up. One of those days. So when my husband came home and wanted Chinese food, I agreed. Why not right? That was the beginning of the end for me. I had great food plans for the rest of the weekend, but things kept popping up, like friends inviting us out for dinner, friends inviting us over for pizza and so on. So in all honesty I am going to share what I ate this weekend. It is a little nuts, but I will have a point. I promise.

Friday- The most greasy Chinese I have ever had. (the rest of the day was normal)

Saturday- I spent trying to make up for greasy Chinese. Then friends invited us to the Outback. I ordered grilled chicken and veggies, but did eat some of the Bloomin' onion. *worth every bite*

Sunday- Something just turned off in my head yesterday. I did not care about what I ate. I had a doughnut, pizza, chips, cheesecake, chocolate, crackers, cheese, and a steak dinner. It is embarrassing just writing that down. I almost wanted to delete a few things so it did not look so bad. That is nuts. I felt so sick last night.

Today I look back and know that it was just one weekend. That bad day does not define me. The choices I make today and the rest of the week define me. It could get out of hand if I let it, but I will not allow it. I can't. If you look over right now to that picture of me, I am starting to feel comfortable in that new skin of mine. I am going to work my butt off to keep feeling comfortable in that new skin.

For those of you who still have a lot to lose don't give up because of one bad day, or weekend. Just pick yourself up, and start over. Don't wait until next week, or next month, or next year. Today. Start over right now. I know I am.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Good plan, start over right now. I always get in the attitude that I'll start over on Monday, or I'll start over on the 1st of the month. That's how people get or stay fat. So way to go with rocking the new attitude!!!

And don't beat yourself up, it was only one weekend. :) its ok to enjoy the good moments sometimes.

Sarah said...

Great attitude!! I need that mentality right now!

Unknown said...

I love your perspective. :-)

Mamacita Chilena said...

This is JUST the post I needed to read right now. I have been doing great working out, but my eating habits have been so off. Like read your list, except that was me for a month, not a weekend.

But you're totally right, bad choices don't define us and if we mess up we just have to get right back on track.

Thanks for putting it all in perspective :)