Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thanks!

Thanks for all your tips on how to have self control on weekends. You guys rock. I was not sure about this whole blog thing at first. Did I want to put myself out there for the world to see? Did I really want to confess when I screw up? Do I want to seem like I am bragging when I do well? Now that I am doing this thing, the answer is of course yes, I do! Who else understands the same as women who are fighting the same battle as me?

That is partly why I like working at Weight Watchers now. My name tag has my name of course, and says 100 pounds lost. It is more than that now, but it was 100 when I started working there. I love it when people tell me that if I can do it, they can. I love it when they say that they could not even imagine what I looked like 100 pounds ago. 100 pounds ago, I could not imagine what I looked like thin. I was a skinny kid, a chubby teenager, an overweight adult, and then an obese Mom. I had no thin pictures to dream about getting back to. I used to run away when the camera came out. Now I jump into the picture. I want to live life, have pictures of me with my kids, my husband, my family. No more hiding behind fat. No more.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I didn't know you work at WW. That's really cool! Your story really is an inspiration. :)

Unknown said...

What do you do at WW? Sounds really interesting! And yep we do understand a lot and I love the community in these blogs. Definitely makes me stick to it/