Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Wednesday

Sorry I have not posted much this week. I have thought about it, but I have not had anything that exciting to share. We are healthy, the sun is shining, spring is coming, life is good. Who could ask for more right?

I am dreading the weekend of chocolate bunnies that is coming quickly. I do not know what chocolate rabbits have to do with Jesus rising from the dead, but somehow it has happened. I bought the kids just a few chocolates so I would not be tempted to eat very many. Now they are at the age where they count and keep a close eye on their candy. That works for me!

I am thankful for Easter, I am thankful God sent his son to die for me. I have just this one life, and I am going to make the best of it. I lived in the shadows before, hiding behind my fat. Today I embrace life more, as corny as that sounds. I am not afraid so much to share my thoughts or feelings. I am who I am, and I am starting to really like this person coming out of my shell. Who knew that I was hiding in there all along?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am dreading this weekend too - and I don't have kids! I can't resist chocolate!

Miss July...not...yet said...

I hate the holiday candies. I always give them away as soon as I possibly can. My kids can have one or two but the don't NEED whole bags of candy as my family seems to think they do.
GL this weekend.