Friday, February 8, 2008

Still Sick!

So I found out yesterday that there is a good reason why I have been feeling so lousy this week. I have a sinus infection. Hopefully the road to recovery is quick, because I am so done being sick. I miss having energy to run, and work, and shop, and you know, do life!

All week I have had no appetite. When it feels like you are eating razor blades, food is not quite as appealing. Last night, I wanted real food, no soup, or crackers, real food! I wanted pizza. Not just any old pizza, my favourite. Chicken Club Deluxe. It has grilled chicken, bacon, loads of cheese, it is so good. I had barely eaten in a week, but do you know the inner struggle it was to order that pizza? I felt such guilt, oh no, you fell off the wagon, guilt! I went ahead and ordered anyway, and enjoyed every last greasy bite of that pizza. I had three pieces! That is a lot for me now, but back a few years ago, I could have doubled that.

Today, I feel no guilt. I had a craving, ate pizza, and today I am moving on. I sent the leftovers with the family so that today I can get back to eating normally, and hopefully getting better!

P.S. My mom just brought over three kinds of homemade soup. How awesome is that?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

aww sinus infections suck!! booo!!!

and that is so sweet of your mom! aww. I wish mine lived close by to do that when I am sick.

Katy said...

Pizza is like that...you can get your fix and then...move on.

Mamacita Chilena said...

awww, I hope you feel better soon! hopefully you're on anti-biotics to clear it up quick!

no worries about the pizza, you're making up for it now by eating healthy homemade soups. Moms are the best!

The Bullknitter said...

Hi, nice blog. Refreshing and honest. Just wondering what part of Canada you are from. It is cold where I am as well. (Alberta)

Jenn said...

Hi! I hope you are getting over your sinus infection - those suck!

It was really nice of your mom to bring over soup. :) Mom's rock.