Monday, February 11, 2008

What defines me?

Good news, I feel human again! Wahoo! This nasty cold/sinus infection is slowly going away, and I almost feel like myself again. When your mom tells you to be thankful for your health, seriously, be thankful.

Yesterday we were over at some friends for the day, and we had a really wonderful time. We got into this really deep conversation about what defines who we are. Everyone has issues, but what makes us able to cope, or to succeed in life is how we tackle our issues. I was sharing how I live in fear that I will gain this weight back. Fear is my motivator. The more we talked, the more I realized that is a really crappy motivator. Who wants to have a life motivated by fear? There is no joy in that. I want a new definition for myself. I am still working on it, but I think being motivated by being healthy, or the example I am setting for my children is a much more inspiring.

What defines you?

5 comments:

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katy said...

Working out definitely defines me....I think my horomones are shaped around it. If I don't get to the gym...I am crabby. I think my family and friends are a big part of me as well, I am a people person.

Unknown said...

What defines me is my nerdiness and my motivation to keep moving forward with my fitness goals.

healthy ashley said...

I don't know if this "defines me", but I try to be my very best-- to myself and others. Working out fits under both being my best for me and for others--- when I work out, I am so much happier to be around!

Leenie said...

I wouldn't say that fear motivates me, but perfection. I have this problem of thinking I can always do better, do more, especially when it comes to working out and weight loss.