Thursday, January 24, 2008

Staying busy

I need to stay busy, most of the time that is not a problem for me. However, the days when I am not, I eat way too much. It does not matter if I am hungry or not, for me boredom equals food. It has been like that for as long as I can remember. It drives me crazy!! I will go and open the pantry and have a conversation with myself.

Healthy me: Why am I looking in the pantry? I am not really hungry.
Inner Fat chick: I feel like eating just a little something, oh look, peanuts!
Healthy me: I should not eat peanuts
Inner Fat chick: mmmmm...peanuts.

Guess who usually wins? That is why when I have lots of tempting snack food in the house, no matter what, I will gain weight that week. It drives me nuts. I do not understand people who can just eat half of a burger, or a few bites of a chocolate bar. That is not in my DNA.

Crap. Now I want peanuts.

4 comments:

katieo said...

boredom equals food

oh me too.
With me it's chocolate chips in the freezer (that I purposefully put in there so I WOULDN'T be able to just grab a handful. Too bad, frozen choco chips are still really yummy)

Mamacita Chilena said...

I'm right there with you. If I start eating something I can't stop. I would NEVER leave half a hamburger on my plate no matter how full I am. Blasphemy I tell ya!

By the way, I'm sure you get this all the time but you look like Katie Couric, except cuter :)

me said...

I'm the same way! And my inner fat chick wins a lot more than she should!

Your before/after pictures are amazing!! Congratulations!!!

Lisa
http:/www.workoutmommy.com

LessLisa said...

Ok. We were totally separated at birth.