Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's the little things.

I love little things. The smaller, the cuter, the better. Today I realized how little things help me on my journey to keep this weight off. I have a hard time not eating when food is around me. I just want it in my mouth! So, packing the kids lunches can sometimes be a challenge. I made mini muffins the other day, and they are the perfect little snack! I love Clementine's, little, and delicious. I have to be careful though, those mini chocolate bars get me. I can not just have one! I think just taking the time to figure out what you can handle in moderation, and what you can not even bring in the house is a huge step to weight loss.

Sometimes weight loss, or life, can seem too much, too big, too overwhelming. Thinking small sometimes helps. When I do not feel like exercise, I can make myself do a few sit ups while I watch TV, or take the dog around the block instead of a 5km run. Every small choice can make a big difference in the long run.

1 comment:

LessLisa said...

Thank you for encouraging me! It's really great to meet someone who's been there...thank you!