Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Light Bulb Moment

Since I have lost a bunch of weight, I do get asked a lot what my light bulb moment was. It was my rock bottom moment. I was in a plus sized store, trying on skirts and dresses for my husbands parents 40th wedding anniversary. I was in the dressing room, and I held up this skirt that I thought looked huge for me, and when I put it on it was way to small. I went home and felt sorry for myself all day. I was in the shower the next morning, and I prayed to God that he would please, please, just take it all away. Take this extra person of fat off of me. I cried, and cried, and kept crying. That next day I joined Weight Watchers. I told my husband I was not going to quit this time, no matter what. I was going to do it, even if it took 10 years to get it off! That was June 2, 2005. It took me just over a year and a half to get it off, and I have kept it off for a year now. God did not take the fat off of me that day like I asked him to. He just gave me the strength I needed to not give up, to keep on trying, and to finish what I started. I still keep track of what I eat every day, I still have to keep on top of my weight, or the pounds creep back on. It is a battle I will fight for the rest of my life, and one I plan on winning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I don't know what to say. Your story, your journey...it is incredibly encouraging.

You give me hope the skinny me will come out for one final, lasting appearance!

Thank you.

Cindercin

Caroline said...

WOW you look absolutely amazing, what a huge accomplishment!! I loved reading your blog, it's so nice to see that if you work at it you can achive success and keeping it off for over a year, that is huge!! So many people gain some back, you are doing fabulous!

Maddds

Anonymous said...

Your are an inspiration to all of us who check out your blog!

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity share your success with you.

Congratulations! Enjoy the next stage of your life!
deb