Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A letter to Peanut Butter

Dear Peanut Butter,

This relationship is over. I have tried making it work, fitting you into my life, but I no longer can. I have to work on myself, and I can't do that with you always around, lurking in every cupboard, always calling to me.

You tempt me too much with your peanuty goodness. Why do you taste so good in everything from cookies, cakes, chocolate...it is just not fair. I can't handle it.

I have tried to just be friends, to hang out together on weekends, but it does not work for me. The rest of the week I keep thinking about you. I need to start fresh, break free. As soon as I let you into my life just a little, you show up places uninvited, like my hips and thighs. I have had enough, it has to end.

Maybe one day we could meet again, perhaps for breakfast, share some toast. For now, I have to say goodbye. Please don't call me, I will call you.

Sincerely,
Janice

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this is too funny! I don't crave peanut butter normally, but I do have kicks where I will crave it for a day or two and then I'm fine again...even wanting it on my ice cream! How freaking weird is that?!?!

P.O.M. said...

You have a relationship with peanut butter? I thought I was exclusive with him. Darn that jerk - I'm totally breaking it off now too. After this jar. I promise.

ha ha - cute post. Just found you thru Cara's blog.

Anonymous said...

hi. i just started enjoying your site. i have lost 100 pounds myself through a lot of hard work and weight watchers. it's nice to hear that i am not the only one who has to think about her weight to maintain it. being a size 4/6 is soooooooo much better than being a size 20/22. your life just is better. now that i am healthy, i am happier, i feel like i am a better mom and wife. thanks for insiring me.

healthy ashley said...

I'm signing my name to that letter, too! That darn peanut butter! But a spoonful tastes sooo good...

Anonymous said...

Hey Janice, I saw a link to your blog on ww.ca You have done so well. I did lose 136 pounds but gained most of it back...lost some and have now gained a lot back again. It is so hard to maintain a loss but I see you are doing great. I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Kimberley

Mamacita Chilena said...

I am such a peanut butter freak! back when I was heavy, I used to melt it in the microwave with chocolate chips and just eat the gooey mixture like that, or on ice cream. Omg, no wonder I was heavy!

I had to cut peanut butter out cold turkey!

Unknown said...

peanut butter is a weakness for me as well.

love your post!

Danielle said...

Sooo funny! Peanut butter doesn't "do it" for me, UNLESS he gets together with that other bad boy, Chocolate...oooh, I can't resist! :)
Oh, and way to go on such an amazing weight loss!

Lisa aka water_nymph said...

OMG this was too funny!!! i found your blog while surfing through blogoland lol!!

im so glad i did..you are a true example of WOW!!!

and a great writer!!

i hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog?