Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A new day.

This morning I was determined to get rid of my funk, and get out of the house. I go to the gym on Wednesday mornings to do an hour and a half class. Half cardio, half strength training. I love that class, I love how I feel like jello after, and I love how I feel for the rest of the day. It is still very cold, so I bundled myself and the kids up warm, and we headed out.

The roads were horrible, and I was stressed, but it would all be worth it to sweat it off! So the kids happily trotted off to school, and off I went to the gym. The roads were still bad, and my fingers were frozen, but it would all be okay, soon enough I would be warm. I walk up to the counter at the gym, and sense something is terribly wrong. No class slips are sitting there on the counter. The sweet lady tells me the class has been cancelled, sorry about that. As my lower lip starts to quiver I suck in a deep breath, give a very fake smile, and say "Oh, no problem." I drove back home feeling very sorry for myself, came in the door and cried. I know. Crazy.

Then, a light bulb moment. I am crying over missing a class at the gym. How absurd, how fabulous! Three years ago, I would have cried if someone had made me go to the gym! It is a part of me now, and even though my morning sucked, I feel better now. I like my new crazy self better than my old sad self.

The best thing about my morning however, was reading your lovely comments. It cheered me up tremendously. Thanks Katie for calling me a cute mommy, it made me smile.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations! I've been working out every day for the last month and a half, and I was so excited when I realized I had made it a habit. Isn't it great to be sad when you don't exercise? We're on the right path!

Mel said...

Janice..you look fabulous. What a great inspiration. Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit today...and sadly, I am still sitting here in my PJ's. lol Its just one of those days I think. lol

Hugs, Mel

Unknown said...

That is a great realization, and you won half the battle by at least attempting to go :-)

What class do you take? What gym? I am looking for a good class to take.

And Katie was right, you are definitely one cute mama :-)

katieo said...

Three years ago, I would have cried if someone had made me go to the gym!

That's so awesome. And you're welcome!

Mamacita Chilena said...

hahaha, don't cry! I say that even though I would probably cry too if someone canceled my aerobox class. It's the craziest class but i love it!

Anonymous said...

I hate when I'm looking forward to doing something and it falls through. But good for you for doing an hour and a half class! :)

I found your blog through Sister Skinny!

Janice said...

Thanks for all your sweetness ladies! You made my day a lot brighter!