Saturday, February 2, 2008

A picture is worth a thousand words

I brought my fat pants to my weight watchers meeting on Thursday. I have not pulled them out in a long time. It was very emotional for me to stand up in front of everyone and show those pants. Instead of feeling proud of what I have accomplished, I was embarrassed of how huge those pants were. Just looking at them gives me a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. All the what ifs haunt me. What if I gain it back? What if I really can't do this? What if it is too hard, and I just can't keep it off? What if, what if, what if.... I can't do that anymore though. It is not good for my head. Today I will do my best, and the next day, and the next day. Just like in the Batman movie when Batman's dad says to him "Why do we fall Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up" (who knew watching Batman was so inspirational!?)

This is a picture of my daughter holding my fat pants. I can fit into one leg now. The reason I chose not to model them today is because I am sick, and I am in my pajamas. She is also way cuter than me.


4 comments:

Laura said...

Just keep up the great work - your before and after pictures are phenomenal! You're doing so well, and you will NOT gain it back. Losing weight is a lifestyle and you're learning to live skinny! Just keep reminding yourself of how strong you are now.

Anonymous said...

I FEEL THE SAME WAY. I LOST 100 POUNDS ON WEIGHT WATCHERS AND HARD, HARD WORK. I AM VERY PANICED IF I AM UP EVEN A POUND OR TWO. I DON'T WANT TO BE A HEAD CASE OVER IT BUT I REALLY CANNOT GAIN IT BACK I WON'T. I FEEL TO GOOD NOW AND I FEEL LIKE I AM THE HEALTHIEST I HAVE EVER BEEN. I GUESS WE NEED TO FIND A HAPPY MEDIUM. WE'LL SEE.

TANKS FOR YOUR GREAT SITE,

JAMI

Miss July...not...yet said...

You know, I totally understand being embarrased by how big you used to be...the first time I lost weight I was like that too and I know that I am again. I don't even like to tell people I am on a diet.

You look fantastic and I hope to be in your shoes sometime this year. (probably more towards the end of the year).

Julie

katieo said...

Ah Batman and his words of wisdom, lol!

Janice, that is really amazing.