Friday, March 7, 2008

What a Week!

So last week I gained three pounds. I deserved it, moved on, tried to do better. Then the headache from hell hit. I am blessed that I do not normally get headaches, but when I do I can always manage them. They are never that bad. Then Sunday came along and WHAM, the most horrid headache I have ever had. Medication only slightly helped, nothing was working. Cue to last night. FIVE days of pain, five days of telling everyone you love to "shhhhhhh!" Five days of "Holy crap, is this ever going to end!?" Then this morning at 2:00AM as I was lying in my bed crying with pain, I prayed that God would please help my head not to explode all over our bedroom into little tiny pieces. (yes, I am a drama queen.) Then at seven when I woke up with no headache. NONE! GONE! Not only is my head intact, God healed my headache too. That I am truly thankful for.

All that to say I stepped on the scale this morning expecting a gain. Instead I lost five pounds. Crazy. The five pounds did not excite me nearly as much as it normally would because my head did not hurt! There is a lot more to life than that stupid number on the scale, that quite often makes no sense. I learned that lesson this morning.

3 comments:

Leenie said...

Those types of headaches are the worst. Glad to hear you are feeling better, and that your scale is giving you some love. Keep up the great work!

Katy said...

I get headaches when i have WAY to much sugar in my diet. THEY SUCK!

Unknown said...

I am happy the headache is gone! That is awesome. Also cool plus for the 5 lb loss!