Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Motivation


Many people ask me how I stay motivated. All it takes for me is thinking back to a few years ago, remembering what it felt like to lug around an extra 120 pounds. That is a lot of motivation. I think some people are naturally more motivated than others. It does not come naturally to me. I have to make myself get off the couch and get outside. I have to get up and walk away from the dinner table to stop eating. It is a conscious decision every day to make good choices. Yes I do fail. Quite often really. I just get up after I fall down and keep going. At this point in my life I see no other choice. I have to do this for myself and for my family. As long as I take more steps forward than backwards, I will be successful.

3 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

I'm with you. I think I lost the motivation the first time I lost the weight...which is why I am trying to do it again. I hope I can be more like you this time around.

LessLisa said...

Where've you been? Hope you all are doing well! You need to give us an update...it's been a couple of MONTHS now!

LessLisa said...

Where AAARRREEE you?? I hope you are dong ok!! Please let us know what's up girly!