Thursday, February 21, 2008

Feeling Better!

Well, today life is looking better. The sun is shining, the snow is melting away, and I am getting healthy again! February has been a pretty crappy month, and I am very much looking forward to it being over.

I have something very exciting to share. It is exciting for me anyway. I was at my folks house last night for dinner. We all have our triggers for overeating, and my parents house is mine. I enter the house, and I want to eat. Really, it is that bad. I quite often have zero self control over there. Anyway, I was determined to win the battle last night. After dinner my mom took out the cheesecake, and the Oreo cookies for the kids. I love those cookies. When I started losing weight, I mourned the loss of Oreo cookies. I would push my cart down the grocery isle and feel incredible anguish as I passed them by. I have not had a box in my house in over two years because they have power over me, or so I thought! As the kids were opening the box, I leaned over, took one, and did not even think about having another one. One was enough! Now, if you don't have a cookie addiction, this might seem crazy to you. For me this was like the most amazing accomplishment. I wanted to write it on the calender and celebrate this day for years to come. I have not just changed my eating habits, I have started to change the way my mind thinks about food. That excites me more than you can imagine. It gives me hope that I can do this, and win!

6 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

I'm a cookie fiend and I agree 1 is not the end of the world, 1 is realizing that you are alive and should enjoy life...1 is not gaining back all the weight!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I get why it's a victory!

Unknown said...

Wow that is awesome!! Good job.

Miss July...not...yet said...

That is awesome!

I am still working on it.

Oh, and I totally get the overeating at my parents house thing too. I hate going there to eat.

Jenn said...

How exciting, good for you!!! :)

Leenie said...

What an amazing realization. Congrats!! I understand how hard it is to have cookies in the house. While skiing, my MIL brought about 4 dozen andes mint choclate chip cookies with, and I ate about 5 a night until they were gone. Its not fun when you have temptations like that. Great job on being strong and changing how you think of food!